Welcome to the CMQ website. The CMQ is a medical journal set up to discuss key issues in medicine as they relate to and support doctors nurses and other health care professionals in their practice. It is the journal of the Catholic Medical Association (UK).
Views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CMQ editor of those of the CMA(UK). The CMQ was originally published in 1947 as the Catholic Medical Gazette. The purpose of the CMQ is to provide and describe an evidence base that enables understanding of the teaching of Christ and his Church as was requested by Pope Paul VI in his encyclical Humanae Vitae.
New Website Design
Starting with August 2012 Issue, this website has been redesigned to match the design of the CMA Website.
However, it has been decided to keep the existing articles in their original format, so dont be surprised as you view previous journal arrticles to find you are jumping between the new and previous design formats!
Comment on medical ethics, support for doctors and nurses is available via the CMA(UK) website
Submitting articles to the CMQ
- We welcome articles on all aspects of Catholic Health Care.
- Articles will be subject to editorial review and may be reviewed by external peer reviewers.
- Where articles discuss matters of faith, peer review may not be by medical or other Health Practitioners.
- Articles should generally be between 400 and 1600 words.
- References should be in the Vancouver Style.
- Articles should be submitted to the editor electronically.