Catholic Medical Quarterly Volume 66(1) February 2016
Contents February 2016
- Reflecting on the family synod: The light and truth of conscience
Dr. Pravin Thevathasan
- The family synod: Plenty of mercy but keeping the truth
Dr. Adrian Treloar
- Family synod: If the Catholic Church gives in to the spirit of this world, it is going to be very difficult for all the other Christians to resist it.
Great Medical lives
- Saints Cosmas and Damian, Patron Saints of Pharmasists and Doctors
- The gift of Down's Syndrome: might the stable birth have been averted?
- Billingsmentor. A New Approach to Charting and Learning NFP
- Conscientious objection denied as Swedish court rules Pro-Life Midwife must perform abortions
- Hastened death and analgesic drugs at end of life: A problem and a
Dr Andrew Kim
Ethics in medicine
- Must doctors treating a lonely, bi-polar, sick 73-year old with
religious delusions with a severely infected leg, amputate his foot
against his wishes in order to save his life?
Dr Adrian Treloar
- Principles and Practice of Palliative Care: Response of the CMA to the draft NICE guidelines.
- The Medical Ethics Alliance: Response to the NICE Draft Guidelines
on End of Life Care for
- Recognition for natural family planning, a real step forward.
Dr Olive Duddy
- Living the Truth in Love. Pastoral Approaches to Same-Sex Attraction
Reviewed by Dr. Pravin Thevathasan