Welcome to the Catholic Medical Quarterly (CMQ) website. The CMQ is a medical journal set up to discuss key issues in medicine as they relate to and support doctors nurses and other health care professionals in their practice. It is the journal of the Catholic Medical Association (UK).
Views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CMQ editor of those of the CMA(UK). The CMQ was originally published in 1947 as the Catholic Medical Gazette. The purpose of the CMQ is to provide and describe an evidence base that enables understanding of the teaching of Christ and his Church as requested by Pope Paul VI, St Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis
CMA Annual Symposium 2016:
Principles and Practice of Palliative Care in the Year of Mercy
Catholic HealthCare Student Conference - Nov 2014
Click here to view all the presentations on YouTube
Comment on medical ethics, support for doctors and nurses is available via the CMA(UK) website
Submitting articles to the CMQ
- We welcome articles on all aspects of Catholic Health Care.
- Articles will be subject to editorial review and may be reviewed by external peer reviewers.
- Where articles discuss matters of faith, peer review may not be by medical or other Health Practitioners.
- Articles should generally be between 400 and 1600 words.
- References should be in the Vancouver Style.
- Articles should be submitted to the editor electronically.